Skip to main content
- Marlene Silva, Raleigh, NC, named county volunteer coordinator, Meals on Wheels of Wake County, Raleigh, NC.
- Col. Margarethe Cammermeyer will be the guest speaker at this year’s Human Rights Campaign 5th Annual NC Fundraising Dinner, Embassy Suites Hotel, Cary, NC, February 12. Call 800-494-8497.
- Sacred Heart School, Salisbury, NC, donated $2,000 to the American Heart Association. More than 100 students participated in a jump rope contest to raise money for the gift.
- The Raleigh chapter of the American Cancer Society sponsors free makeover workshops for women with cancer. Call 919-834-1636 for more information.
- The State Public Interest Research Groups are launching MusicAction.com, an online tool combining the talents of music with political force.
- The Rockefeller Foundation, New York, NY, has approved a new mission statement that calls for an overhaul of its grantmaking progress in order to increase focus on ending worldwide poverty.
- Goldman Sachs, New York, NY, has established a $200 million endowment to fund middle and high school improvement programs worldwide. The foundation plans to grant $10 million in its first year.