Skip to main content
- Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities, Raleigh, NC, will hold Toast to the Triangle, March 5. The dinner fundraiser is co-sponsored by Glaxo Wellcome, RTP, NC and will feature food from 45 of the Triangle’s finest restaurants. Call 919-832-3909 for details.
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Coaltion of NC, Chapel Hill, NC, will hold it Annual Statewide Conference May 4 at the Koury Convention Center, Greensboro, NC. Call 919-932-9885 for information.
- WAVE, Inc., Washington, DC, will hold the 26th Annual National Youth Professionals’ Institute Conference, April 14-17 in Atlanta, GA. Call 800-274-2005 to register.
- Ralph Shelton, president of Southeast Fuels, Greenboro, NC, elected chairman of the board, Moses Cone Wesley Long Community Health Foundation, Greensboro, NC.
- NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Raleigh, NC, awarded $272,900 to support 17 public and private sector projects to reduce the amount of construction and demolition debris disposed in NC landfills.
- Alliance of AIDS Services Carolina, Raleigh, NC, will sponsor the 11th annual, Black Church Week of Prayer for the Healing of AIDS, March 5-10. The event encourages African-American churches to become community centers for HIV education and care.
- Col. Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 astronaut, named aviation advisor to the First Flight Centennial Commission. Aldrin will serve as a national liason for the commemorative commission’s endeavors.