Skip to main content
- Council on Foundations, Washington, DC, will hold its 51st Annual Conference May 1-3 in Los Angeles, CA. Registration fees vary, call 202-466-6512 or visit the website for more information.
- Microsoft and sponsors donated $750,000 to Ronald McDonald House Charities via a hockey game between microsoft employee teams called Team Exchange and Team Windows. This was the second year for the fundraiser.
- Mike Saylor, ceo of Virginia based MicroStrategy, has announced plans to establish his own foundation. The philanthropy’s focus would be the funding of free online college-level education for underpriveleged youth. More details to follow. . .
- Youth Crime Watch America, Washington, DC has partnered with Effinity Online to launch an online marketplace whose sales will benefit hundreds of school and community anti-crime programs sponsored by YCWA nationwide.
- Ragazzi Boys Chorus, San Mateo, CA has received a $30,000 grant from the David and Lucile Packard Foundation to provide general operating and salary support for two years.
- MediaRights.org, New York, NY has launched its website. The site’s goal is to make the media more accessible to nonprofit organizations.
- 1st Annual Nevins Golf Tournament to help people who ask only for a chance to work, June 5, Ballantyne Resort. Chair: Richard L. Bovard, Deloitte & Touche. Call 704-599-1750