Skip to main content
- Easter Seals NC will hold its 8th Annual Bell Acres Party, Thursday, May 18 at 6 pm at Bell Acres Country Club, 3033 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC. Tickets are $10 and all proceeds benefit children and adults with disabilities in the region. Call 704-529-5195 for tickets or more information.
- Motorola Foundation has awarded Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA, $1 million to support the construction of its new state-of-the-art Leadership Center at Morehouse College.
- Alice Cahn, president of the Children’s Television Workshop’s Television, Film and Video Group has been chosen to lead the Markle Foundation’s Nationwide Interactive Media for Children Program in New York.
- Ranney and Priscilla Draper, Laguna Beach, CA have donated $1 million to the United Way of Orange County to support programs to help and educate at-risk youth.
- Federation for Community Planning, Cleveland, OH, awarded $250,000 by the Williamson Family. The gift will support a fellowship the focuses on applied health and social and economic research. With this gift, the Williamson Family has contributed over $325,000 to the FCP in the last ten years.
- Sloan Foundation has awarded $1.2 million to Columbia University’s Institute for Tele-Information to expand its programs and scope. The funds will be allocated over the next three years.