Skip to main content
- Wildlife Waystation, Angeles National Forest, CA, awarded $100,000 by the Lund Foundation. The gift will fund the completion of a new, larger on-site primate house in the works since 1996.
- AOL Foundation has partnered with the National Congress of American Indians to accelerate digital opportunity and technology access among American Indians. The first ever AOL Digital Divide grant of $100,000 will help to establish a task force to provide national leadership to bridge the technology gap among Tribal Nations.
- Dr. Alfred B. Knight, Jr., elected president and chief executive officer of the Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Scott, Sherwood and Brindley Foundation, Temple, TX, following the resignation of Dr. John W. Roberts on April 15.
- Hewlett-Packard Co., Palo Alto, CA, has pledeged to invest $15 million in three underserved communities to make technology and its benefits available to parents and children through its HP Digital Village Initiative.
- The 5th Annual Southeast Recycling and Environmental Investment Forum will be held September 20 at the Adam’s Mark Hotel in Charlotte, NC. Call 803-737-0477 for details.
- The International Visitors Center has moved from Research Triangle Park to: 118 S. Person Street, PO Box 28124, Raleigh, NC 27611.