Skip to main content
- GTE’s national literacy program has been awarded the prestigious Ron Brown Award for Corporate Leadership. The award was presented by President Clinton.
- NASCAR celebrities will participate in Splash for Kids at Lake Norman in Charlotte, NC on July 15. All proceeds will benefit Speedway Children’s Charities.
- The American International Development Agency awarded a $400,000 grant to the Hospital de la Familia Foundation. The grant will fund improvements at the foundation’s medical center in Nuevo Progresso, Guatemala.
- Elizabeth Swanson, Iowa City, Iowa, has been named director of foundation advancement for the National Patient Safety Foundation, Chicago, IL.
- The Make A Wish Foundation received over $1 million raised at the 2000 World Croquet Championship Live Auction. Over the last six years the foundation has received $3 million from the event.
- The 15th Annual Midsummer Night’s Magic Weekend will be held August 2-4, 2000 to benefit the Magic Johnson Foundation’s Taylor Michaels Scholarship Fund. For tickets or details, call 1-888-MAGIC-05.
- Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills Training: interactive workshop to be held Friday, June 9 from 9-4pm at the Homestead Center, Chapel Hill. $70. Call 929-8800 to pre-register. (This class usually fills)
- First Annual Firefighter’s Festival on Saturday June 3rd from 10:00am to 4:00pm at the Swift Creek Shopping Center in Cary, NC This event is sponsored by the North Carolina Fallen Firefighers Foundation and the Feed the Firefighters Foundation. All proceeds from the festival will fund a permanent memorial to honor firefighters who have died in the line of duty. For more information call 919-362-8445 or visit us on the web at www.ncfff.org.