Skip to main content
- Smart Start NC will hold its Champions for Children Day June 14 at the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, NC. The keynote address will be delivered by Marian Wright Edelman. Admission is free. Call 919-821-7999 ext 230 for details.
- Smart Start NC has raised more than $19.6 million in contibutions this year for its early childhood development initiative. The figure surpasses the Smart Start legislative requirement to raise $16 million.
- Anson County Partnership for Children, Wadesboro, NC, has been awarded $250,000 by the Kate B. Reynolds Trust. The grant will fund the construction of the Anson Children’s Center.
- NC Triad NSFRE will hold its May 2000 Luncheon Tuesday, May 30 at Magnolia Manor in Colfax, NC. The topic will be the Cemala Foundation’s investment in nonprofit training. Call 336-659-8322 to register.
- Chatham County Partnership for Children, Pittsboro, NC has been awarded a $3.1 million grant to fund its SAFE START program. The money will be distrubuted over five years and will fund violence prevention programs. Only nine grants were awarded nationwide.
- Pamela Heath, RN, was awarded the Glaxo Wellcome Public Health Staff Recognition Award for her development of the Child Care Nursing Program which provides health care screening in New Hanover County.