Skip to main content
- Donors Forum of Chicago has announced the implementation of new fund and accounting software. The program is a collaborative effort between Micro Information Products and Desmond & Ahern Accounting and will allow the Donors Forum to more efficiently track financial information.
- Epilepsy Foundation, Washington, DC, awarded $350,000 by the US Department of Labor to train epileptics in critical technology skills. The program is designed to help those with difficulty finding job placement due to their condition.
- The 16th Annual Summer Fling For Sight – aka “The Blindness Party” will be on Thursday, July 13, 7-10pm at the State Farmer’s Market featuring The Breakfast Club. Tickets are $15 in advance/$20 at the door and includes beverages. Must be 21 to attend. All proceeds to benefit Prevent Blindness NC. Call 571-1014.
- Rosemary Moore, independent consultant, named vice president of corporate communications and government relations, Texaco, White Plains, NY.
- American Foundation for the Blind has formed an alliance with Interliant to improve internet accessibility for the blind. To lunch the alliance, Interliant has been contracted to transform the AFB web site into an online resource center for the visually impaired.
- The New England Conference on Black Philanthropy will be held June 4-6 at the Boston Marriott in Boston, MA. Visit the web site or call for registration information.