Skip to main content
- Mountain Area Health Education Center, Asheville, NC, awarded $202,000 by the Duke Endowment, Charlotte, NC, to expand development services for community health coalitions in Western North Carolina.
- Palmetto Health Alliance, Columbia, SC, awarded $50,000 by the Duke Endowment, Charlotte, NC for the Midland Rape Crisis Network.
- Rex Healthcare, Raleigh, NC, awarded $100,000 by the Duke Endowment, Charlotte, NC, to fund a new exhibit at the Poe Center for Health Education.
- Hitchcock Rehabilitation Center, Aiken, SC, awarded $65,000 by the Duke Endowment Charlotte, NC, to develop a fitness and wellness program for the disabled.
- Children’s Home Society of North Carolina, Inc., Greensboro, NC, awarded $300,000 to expand post-adoption services by the Duke Endowment, Charlotte, NC.
- Duke Endowment, Charlotte, NC, has awarded $67,000 to the Carolina Youth Development Center, Inc., Charleston, SC, to upgrade information systems.
- Cherokee Center for Family Services, Cherokee, NC, awarded $30,000 by the Duke Endowment, Charlotte, NC, to establish the White Path Center, a culture-based program for Cherokee Indian youth in a residential setting.
- Alternate R.O.O.T.S., a community-based arts program in Altlanta, GA, received a $150,000 grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. The grant will be used to fund arts programs in rural communities.
- Grantmakers for Children, Youth and Families, Inc., Washington, DC, awarded $2,500 by Duke Endowment, Charlotte, NC for annual membership fees.