Skip to main content
- The Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED), Research Triangle Park, received six additional commitments to its Entrepreneurial Stock Endowment Campaign. The endowment fund now has more than 100 total pledges from local leaders in the technology community. Jud Bowman, Taylor Brockman and Eric Harber of Pinpoint Networks, Inc.; Vivek Wadhwa of Relativity Technologies; Bill Warner of LiveWire Logic, Inc.; and Jack Sheffield of Deutsche Banc Alex Brown all donated stock to the endowment. For more information, contact Tim Topkins at (919) 549-7500 ext. 103 or email@example.com.
- Prevent Child Abuse NC will hold its 6th Annual Candlelight Vigil for Child Abuse Homicide Victims on September 28, 2001, from 7:30am to Midnight, on the State Capitol ground in Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information, call 1-800-354-KIDS.
- The Alliance for Children and Families will hold its annual conference “Holding the High Ground of Leadership” from September 5-8, 2001, at the Adams Mark Hotel in Denver, Colorado. For more information and an online version of the registration brochure, visit http://www.alliance1.org/annconfprelimnews2001.asp or call 800-221-3726
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals/Washington DC Metro Chapter is sponsoring its 14th Annual Fundraising Days Washington, September 7-8, 2001, at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Hotel. For details and to register online visit http://www.afpnet.org/dc or call 301-657-3265.
- The United Way of Central Carolinas, Inc., announced on Friday, August 24, 2001, at the Ray of Hope Center in Charlotte, North Carolina that it had set a campaign goal of $37,110,000. For the 70-year-old organization, it was the largest goal set in its history. The money will be used to support various health and human service groups in Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, Mooresville-South Iredell, and Union Counties. For more information, visit http://www.uwcentralcarolinas.org