Skip to main content
- The Eastern NC Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is sponsoring it annual MS 150 Bike Tour on September 8-9, 2001, in New Bern, North Carolina. All proceeds raised will benefit the Eastern NC Chapter of the National MS Society. Call 919-834-0678 or visit http://www.encms.org for more information
- The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc., sponsors a 5K Walk/Run & Fun Run on Saturday, November 17, 2001, at the Eisenhower Park in East Meadow, New York. For details about registration and sponsorship, call Lori Andrews at 631-265-2121 x310
- Susan M. Daniher, former vice president of marketing at online DVD retailer Express.com and national product marketing manager with Blockbuster Entertainment Group, named vice president of product marketing at Kintera, a leading Internet marketing services provider for nonprofits.
- Somerset Valley YMCA is launching a fundraising campaign for economically disadvantaged children in Somerset County. Funds raised stay in our community and provide for programs and activities for families who cannot afford cost of Y programs. Volunteers needed (2-4)hours/week to assist with fundraising. Call (908) 369-0490 or (908) 722-4567.
- The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc., sponsors its 12th Annual Second Sight Bike-a-Thon on Sunday, September 9, 2001 at SUNY, Stony Brook, New York. For more information, call 631-265-2121 x310.
- The Guide Dog Foundation For The Blind, Inc., is pleased to announce eight new Long Island community supporters to the Board of Directors beginning July, 2001. The new Board of Directors are: Margaret Albergo, Joseph Aurichio, Laurie J. Bloom, Deborah Firestone, Anita M. Florek, Leroy Foster, James R. Johnson, and James Wilson.
- Kelly McMackin, former general marketing manager at KSWB Television in San Diego, named managing director of sponsorships and promotions at Kintera, a leading provider of Internet marketing services to nonprofits.