Skip to main content
- Unilever, the maker of Snuggle fabric softenener, gave $25,000 to the Olive Crest Homes and Services for Abused Children, in Orange, California, at its annual Rock-N-Bowl fundraiser on Saturday, September 8, 2001.
- On Wednesday, September 5, 2001, The United Way of the Triangle, North Carolina, launched its 2001 Annual Campaign. Its goal is to reach $26 million to support initiatives within and around the Triangle Area in North Carolina. For more information, call 919-460-8687 or e-mail at Campaign@unitedwaytriangle.org. To make a donation online, visit http://www.unitedwaytriangle.org/pledged/
- The United Way of Central Maryland launched its 2001 Annual Campaign on Wednesday, September 5, 2001. They have a campaign goal of $45 million, which will support initiatives for 75 member agencies and their 300 programs in Baltimore City and County, and Anne Arundel, Carroll, Harford, and Howard counties. For more information, call 410-547-8000 or visit http://www.uwcm.org.
- Effective Saturday, September 1, 2001, the Schwab Family Foundation and the Schwab Foundation for Learning merged as one to be named The Charles and Helen Schwab Foundation. The foundation will change its initiative areas, have a new approach to funding, and will expand its executive team and board of directors. For more information, contact Ann Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.schwabfoundation.org.
- The Triangle United Way, located in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, raised over $26 million in its 2000 capital campaign.