Skip to main content
- NCASBSLHC will host the 4th Annual Conference on Friday, April 12, 2002 in Pinehurst, North Carolina. The conference theme is “Adolescents: Mental Health Issues” and will be held at the Conference Center at FirstHealth of the Carolinas. For more information on exhibiting or registration, contact Victoria Byrd at 910-564-2230 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Guide Dog Foundation recently held its 12th annual Bike-A-Thon in Smithtown, New York. Three hundred cyclists came out to help raise money for the foundation and brought in a record $5,400 in pledges. The Bike-A-Thon consisted of five different bike tours that participants could ride on along Long Island’s north shore.
- The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation, Inc. in Winston-Salem, North Carolina is offering a fellowship program for up to two years to a North Carolinian who shows an interest in philanthropy and nonprofits. The fellowship will begin July 1, 2002 and applications must be postmarked by January, 30, 2002. Applications may be obtained by writing to the foundation at 101 Reynolda Village, Winston-Salem, NC 27106-5199 or downloaded from the website by following the link for “Special Programs and Publications.” For more information, call 336-725-7541.
- The Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is offering an internship for the summer of 2002 to a student who wants to learn more about the nonprofit sector. NC residents or students attending NC colleges who show an interest in philanthropy and nonprofits are eligible to apply. Applications must be postmarked by January 30, 2002, and are available in placement offices of NC colleges, by writing to the foundation at 101 Reynolda Village, Winston-Salem, NC 27106-5199, or by downloading the form on the website by following the link “Special Programs and Publications.” Internships are for six consecutive weeks in the summer, with no specific starting date.
- The Guide Dog Foundation of Smithtown, New York recently held its 4th annual Community Dog Walk at the Flowerfield Fairgrounds in St. James, New York. Pledges are still being counting, but it looks as if the previous year’s goal of $40,000 will be overtaken.