Skip to main content
- Urban Ministries of Raleigh, North Carolina recently announced that the Ark Shelter will be renamed to the Helen Wright Center for Women, in honor of its founder and director.
- The Sisters of Mercy Foundation of North Carolina awarded a $33,175 grant for a case manager position to assist the Helen Wright Center for Women, formerly known as Ark Shelter.
- The Divine Providence Foundation awarded a $9,000 grant to provide assistance to low-income individuals in Wake County, especially those with Hispanic and African-American heritage.
- The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust of Winston-Salem, North Carolina awarded a $211,967 operating funds grant to be allocated over three years to support the expansion of the Open Door Clinic Program, North Carolina’s first free clinic which opened in 1985.
- Urban Ministries of Raleigh, North Carolina awarded a $50,000 grant from The Stewards Fund to its Crisis Intervention Program to provide operating support. The program provides help to low-income persons through financial, employment and food assistance.