Skip to main content
- 24th Annual Minority Health Conference, March 1, 2002, at the UNC School of Public Health focuses on “Social Determinants of Health”. Agenda and registration details available online at www.sph.unc.edu/oce or call 919-966-4032.
- Rebecca L. H. Duncan, CFRE has opened Capability Company, providing nonprofit organizations with strategic planning for fund raising, internal systems audits, executive searches and coaching for non profit leaders. For more information call 919-832-1538 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, and the Cary Chamber of Commerce will co-host the Business Support of the Arts Awards and Luncheon Friday, February 15, 2002, starting at 12pm at the Cary Embassy Suites in Cary, North Carolina. The keynote speaker will be Ben Cameron, Executive Director of Theatre Communications Group. There will also be a Valentine Vignettes Thursday, February 14, 2002 at the North Carolina Museum of History froom 6-9pm in Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information about registering for the events, call 919-839-1498 x231. RSVP by January 31, 2002.
- The Food Bank of North Carolina and Southend Brewery and Smokehouse present Souper Bowl 2002. Join us for free appetizers, drink specials, and a half-time raffle! Local DJ, G-Funk, is spinning in the club afterward. Raise a glass for a good cause, Sunday, February 3, 2002. Call 832-4604 for details.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill recently received a $2 million gift from the Freeman Foundation to support the College of Arts and Sciences’ Asian studies program. The award was made through the Freeman Foundation’s Undergraduate Asian Studies Funding Initiative and will help to fund several projects including faculty positions, course development grants and library acquistions.