Skip to main content
- American Red Cross will host their 2003 Partners in Progress Fund Raising Conference February 16-18, 2003 at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- The Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust awarded $4 million in grants to nonprofit groups. Awards included $1 million to Human Services Campus of Arizona, $1 million to the Valley of the Sun YMCA, $750,000 to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Scottsdale, and $500,000 to The Mesa Arts Center.
- Avista Corporation has created the Avista Foundation, which will help its corporate philanthropy.
- The Women’s Association for Women’s Alternatives has been accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services. For more information, call 610-543-5022.
- HandMade in America was recently chosen as one of Worth magazine’s 100 best charities in the Arts category. For more information, contact Joe Newberry at the N.C. Arts Council at 919-733-2119.