Skip to main content
- Named as new board officers, Special Olympics of N.C., Raleigh, N.C.: * Vice chairman — Richard French, president, Richard French & Associates, Raleigh. * Treasurer — Jim Bullard, senior auditor, Wachovia Bank, Raleigh. Named by The Cancer Cure Coalition, Scarsdale, N.Y.: * Communications consultant – Dr. Lydia Bronte, gerontologist, writer and project design consultant. * Executive producer, informational television programs – Dan Grabel, retired producer, editor, wrier, reporter, NBC Network News. * Development consultant – Elaine Zukerman, former director of public relations and national celebrity manager, March of Dimes.
- Thomas S. Kenan III, Chapel Hill, N.C., received the Leadership in the Arts award, N.C. Museum of Art, Raleigh, N.C.
- Robert Beal, partner, The Beal Companies, Waltham, Mass., named chair for Community & Capital Campaign, Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston, Boston, Mass.
- Named as new board managers, The Philadelphia Foundation, Philadelphia: *Alicia Christian — co-founder and executive director, Committee for Dignity and Fairness for the Homeless Housing Development. *Edward Y. Kung — retired officer-in-charge, CIGNA. *Andrew S. Park — program director, Wellspring Advisors.
- Elected as directors, Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Greensboro, N.C.: * John L. Bakane — president and CEO, Cone Mills Corp. * Louise F. Brady — partner, Freemon, Lewis Brady, Knott Financial Strategies Group, Prudential Securities. * Luck G. Davidson — community volunteer. * J. Lee Lloyd – attorney, Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard. * Mac Sims – president and CEO, East Market Street Development Corp.
- March of Dimes, Winston-Salem, N.C., announced awards and named board officers: * Volunteer of the Year — Laura Grant, neonatal intensive care unit social worker, Sara Lee Center for Women’s Health, Winston-Salem. * Communications award — Lisa Fields, marketing and promotion director, Clear Channel Communications, Winston-Salem. * Bonnie Poindexter Distinguished Service award — Karen Bowen, Forsyth Technical Community College, Winston-Salem. * Rebecca Hutchins award — Dr. Virginia Nichols, neonatologist, Forsyth Medical Center, Winston-Salem. * Board chair — Russ Goddard, vice president of planning, purchasing and distribution, Sara Lee Sportswear. * Vice chair — Tracy Greenwood, Mt. Airy, N.C. * Treasurer — Chuck Kupsky, vice president of wealth management and market finance, Wachovia Bank, Winston-Salem.
- Reynolds Price, James B. Duke Professor of English, Duke University, received Caldwell Award for the Humanities, N.C. Humanities Council, Greensboro, N.C.
- Jay Love, CEO, eTapestry, Indianapolis, appointed board vice chairman, Think Tank and Research Council, ePhilanthropy Foundation, Washington, D.C.