Skip to main content
- Mecklenburg Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, Charlotte, N.C., awarded $1,450 to Charlotte Museum of History and Hezekiah Alexander Homesite, Charlotte.
- The Carnegie Corp. of New York awarded $900,000 to the National Task Force on the Future of Urban Districts, Annenberg Institute for School Reform, Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, N.J., awarded its five-billionth grant dollar to Church Health Center, Memphis, Tenn.
- The Rockefeller Foundation, New York, awarded $1 million to nine art groups throughout the U.S.
- The Center for the Study of Higher Education at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, received $950,000 from the Lumina Foundation.
- Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Baltimore, awarded $5 million challenge grant to Strive, New York.
- Liberty Hill Foundation, Los Angeles, awarded $383,000 to 17 groups in Los Angeles.
- The Scholarship in Spanish Studies program at California State at Northridge, Calif., received $850,000 from estate of Barbara Ann Ward of California.