The Charlotte chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals has announced the winners of the chapter’s 2003 philanthropy awards.
The awards will be presented at the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on Nov. 12 at the Charlotte Convention Center.
The 2003 winners are:
* Outstanding philanthropic organization: Philip Morris Employee Community Fund.
* Outstanding professional fundraising executive: Arthur M. “Rusty” Brink, executive director, Presbyterian Hospital Foundation, Charlotte.
* Outstanding philanthropic small business: Spectrum Properties, Charlotte.
* Outstanding volunteer fundraiser: Pat Riley, CEO, Allen Tate Realty, Charlotte.
* Outstanding philanthropist: Mariam Cannon Hayes, board president, Cannon Foundation, Concord.
* Outstanding student organization: East Mecklenburg High School – Right Moves for Youth Girls and Boys Club.
* Outstanding legacy award: the late Mariam C. Schramm, philanthropist.