* Diana Aviv, president and CEO, Independent Sector, Washington, D.C., received 2004 civil rights leadership award from Embassy of Israel and Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, in ceremony commemorating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
* American Red Cross, American Association of Blood Banks and America’s Blood Centers are asking for immediate blood donations to boost critically low blood supplies.
* National Kidney Foundation of Greater New York started Kidney Cars campaign that offers nationwide, year-long pickup services of unwanted vehicles, with proceeds going to patient and family services, education and research of kidney in New York area.
* Net Impact Service Corps, San Francisco, is accepting applications from nonprofits in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., that are interested in pro bono assistance in organizational development, strategic planning, marketing or financial services.
* Music Performance Trust Funds, largest sponsor of free live music in U.S., is changing its name to The Music Performance Fund.
* Performer; songwriter Ray Charles recorded public service announcement with Glaucoma Research Foundation to be aired throughout January to alert people of dangers of glaucoma.