United Ways in several eastern North Carolina communities have started or are set to begin their annual fundraising drives.
* Rocky Mount United Way launched its drive Aug.18, with a goal of $1.1 million.
* Wilson County United kicks off its drive Sept. 1, with a goal of $1.1 million.
Lenoir-Greene United Way begins its drive Sept. 13, with a goal of $500,000.
* United Way of Coastal Carolina aims to raise $750,000, up from $736,000 last year.
* Albemarle United Way began its drive Aug. 17, with a goal of $400,000, up from $391,000 last year.
* Cape Fear Area United Way kicks off its drive Sept. 15 with a goal of $2.6 million.
Cumberland County United Way began its drive Aug. 9, aiming to raise $1.9 million.