Several organizations are offering tips on how to donate to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts:
* GuideStar provides tips on finding the right charity for you.
* SmartMoney offers advice on how to find a charity and what kinds of donations to make.
* MarketWatch gives recommendations for avoiding fraudulent appeals for money.
* Foundation Source provided a list of six recommended relief organizations already providing services to victims.
* Youth Service America provides planning tools for young people to coordinate fundraising efforts.
* Consumer Reports WebWatch offers tips on avoiding email “phishing” scams and fraudulent charities.
* Bankrate.com provides tips on finding out how charities use your donations.