Local North Carolina chapters of the Association of Fundraising Professionals presented awards to local fundraisers and philanthropists during annual celebrations in November.
The N.C.-Triad Chapter named the following winners:
* Amanda M. Osborne, fund development director, Tarheel Triad Girl Scouts, named outstanding fundraising professional.
* Carole Bruce, attorney, Smith Moore, named outstanding volunteer fundraiser.
* William F. Black, Frank E. Driscoll, and Dr. Michael Morykwas and Mardene Morykwas named outstanding philanthropists.
* American Express named outstanding corporation.
* John Wesley & Anna Hodgin Hanes Foundation named outstanding foundation.
* Emma Christine “Krissy” Dull named emerging fundraiser (youth).
The Northwest Chapter named the following winners:
* Moretz Inc. named outstanding philanthropic corporation.
* Hickory Jaycees named outstanding civic organization.
* Linda Wade, chair, fund development committee, American Red Cross-Catawba Valley Chapter, named outstanding volunteer fundraiser.
* Ronnie von Drehle, YMCA member and volunteer, named outstanding philanthropist.
* Dale Jarrett Foundation named outstanding philanthropic foundation.
* Townes Mozer named outstanding young philanthropist.
* The Rev. Thomas Sanford, executive director, Family Care Center, named fundraiser of the year.
The Western Chapter named the following winners:
* Tina McGuire named outstanding philanthropist.
* The Vineyard Family Foundation named outstanding foundation in philanthropy.
* Office Environments named outstanding business in philanthropy.
*Dr. Colin E. Thomas named outstanding volunteer fundraiser.
* Carla Sutherland, vice president of college relations, Warren Wilson College, named outstanding fundraising executive.