San Francisco healthcare partnership gets $2 million.
* Martin Brotman, president, California Pacific Medical Center, pledged $2 million to Partnership for Community Health, collaboration between California Pacific Medical Center and San Francisco Community Clinic Consortium to provide medical services to uninsured San Franciscans.
* New Mexico Community Foundation awarded record $2.5 million in grants to New Mexico community and educational organizations.
* National Credit Union Foundation received $1 million grant from Department of Housing and Urban Development to support counseling for low-income homeowners.
* Oregon Community Foundation received $25,000 Community Experience Partnership grant from Atlantic Philanthropies to partner with Oregon Involved and Life by Design Northwest to study local opportunities to involve baby boomers in solving community problems.
* Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation Corp. presented Insight/Foresight Grant to HartBeat Ensemble Theater Group, troupe producing socially-conscious plays and educational programs, Hartford, Conn.
* AXA Foundation announced award of $137,000 to National Association for College Admission Counseling to support National College Fair program and National Conference.
* Group of Virginia Tech alumni and Virginia Tech College of Engineering joined to award fifth and final $10,000 prize to Department of Biological Systems Engineering for improving PhD program over past year.
* New York Life Foundation announced $225,000 grant for Groundwork’s Middle Ground after-school program to support additional staff, develop new curriculum and buy educational materials.
* Food Lion presented $10,000 donation to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation at 10th Annual Komen Charlotte Race for the Cure.
* Dannon Company announced award of first-ever Dannon Next Generation Nutrition Grants of up to $120,000 to four nonprofits nurturing children’s healthy eating habits in communities with Dannon facilities.
* George Washington University’s Gelman Library selected by PNC Financial Services Group to receive historical records from Riggs Bank archives dating from early 1800s, valued at $5.2 million.
* Starr Foundation awarded $100 million grant to create cancer consortium in collaboration with The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, The Rockefeller University and Weill Cornell Medical College.
* Initial $44 million commitment from estate of late fashion designer Geoffrey Beene to establish Geoffrey Beene Cancer Research Center through Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
* CA, information technology company, made $500,000 donation to National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship for global education partnership supporting 32,000 young people in 2006-2007 school year.
* Thunderbird, Garvin School of International Management, received $1 million donation from alumnus and real estate developer Francis Najafi.
* American Lung Association of California pledged $700,000 in grants to 12 California scientists and 20 clinical centers conducting research into lung diseases.
* Peninsula Community Foundation, San Mateo, Calif., awarded total of $375,000 in educational scholarships to 100 San Francisco Peninsula students over spring and summer.
* Cadillac Area Community Foundation, Michigan, awarded $8,000 grant to foundation’s own Cadillac & Kellogg for Youth Advisory Committee, to be used for grant making.