* Crisis Control Ministry, Winston-Salem, received $425,000 grant from Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust to provide client services, including rental assistance and food and prescription drugs for Forsyth county residents in crisis.
* Charles M. and Mary D. Grant Foundation, New York, announced $40,000 grant to Downtown Housing Improvement Corporation, Raleigh-based nonprofit affordable-housing developer.
* Triad Health Project received $12,000 grant from Guilford Green Foundation, $5,000 from Lincoln Financial Group Foundation and $2,200 from Lovett Foundation, in support of project’s efforts to support those affected by HIV/AIDS.
* Wachovia Championship, Charlotte golf competition sponsored by Wachovia Corporation, awarded $1 million to Teach for America, bringing total donated to nonprofit over four years to almost $5.7 million.
* United Way of Central Carolinas, Charlotte, awarded total of $1,032,201 in 2006-2007 special grant funding to 60 groups working in areas of early childhood, economic independence, older-adult wellness.
Highpoint Museum received $1,000 grant from local Rotary Club.