* Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center received $125,000 grant from Avon Foundation to hire two patient navigators to guide breast cancer patients through healthcare system.
* RBC Centura announced $10,000 grant to Raleigh’s Downtown Housing Improvement Corporation Homeownership Center, following its recent $2,500 grant, to contribute to organization’s general operations.
* Charlotte Regional Realtor Association’s Housing Opportunity Foundation received $35,000 gift from Allen Tate Company to assist foundation’s efforts to grow endowment to $1 million by 2013.
* Syngenta Crop Protection Community Grant Program, Greensboro, accepting applications for grants of up to $10,000 for projects promoting education in agricultural science or hunger relief in the Triad; visit http://www.syngenta.com/ for information.
* Rotary Club of the Triad awarded $1,000 grant to High Point Museum to fund care of museum’s artifact collection.