* Westmont College, Santa Barbara, Calif., received $75 million gift from anonymous donor, second-largest ever given to a national liberal arts college.
* John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation announced five grants totaling more than $3.8 million to more fully involve victims and witnesses in cases before International Criminal Court:
- International Center for Transitional Justice, $2 million
- Human Rights Center, University of California, Berkeley, $740,000
- Institute for War and Peace Reporting, $600,000
- REDRESS, $417,000
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research, $50,000
* AIG, insurance and financial services provider, joined Make Mine a $Million Business campaign, led by Count Me In and OPEN from American Express, with two-year, $1.1 million investment to spur revenue growth of one million women-owned businesses to $1 million by 2010.
* Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation, nonprofit entity of Brown Rudnick Berlack Israels LLP, awarded Insight/Foresight Grant to Trinity Repertory Company, Providence, R.I. for Project Discovery, educational outreach program.
* MGM Mirage made $1 million donation to University of Nevada, Las Vegas to establish MGM Mirage Academic Excellence Scholarship Endowment, to be used to underwrite National Merit scholarships.