The Charlotte chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals named Christa A. Overcash the outstanding philanthropist of 2006.
The Central Piedmont Community College Foundation nominated Overcash for the award.
She and honorees in seven other categories will be recognized by the association at a luncheon titled “Change the World with a Giving Heart,” on Nov. 15, which is National Philanthropy Day.
Other winners include:
* James J. and Angelia M. Harris Foundation, outstanding foundation, nominated by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
* Deloitte & Touche, outstanding philanthropic organization, nominated by the Arts & Science Council, Junior Achievement, United Way of Central Carolinas and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
* Fuel Pizza, outstanding philanthropic small business, nominated by the Arts & Science Council
* Tommy Norman, outstanding volunteer fundraiser, nominated by Central Piedmont Community College Foundation
* Carey Carpenter, outstanding student philanthropy, nominated by CMS and The Echo Foundation
* Mr. and Mrs. Powell Majors, outstanding legacy award, nominated by Leave a Legacy
* Laura Simic, associate vice chancellor for development, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, outstanding professional fundraising executive, nominated by UNCC development staff and United Family Services