* Housing Partnership Network, seeking to develop 10,000 homes in damaged areas of Louisiana and Mississippi, has raised $20 million in capitalization and has more than 800 housing units under contract.
* Fannie Mae Foundation and Enterprise Community Partners announced combined grant of $325,000 to Biloxi Housing Authority to aid construction of 1,500 new homes and apartments; Fannie Mae is reviewing $18 million line of credit and Enterprise is reviewing $500,000 line in Mississippi.
* Partnership of organizations launched Fundraising Effectiveness Survey inviting charities to compare 2004 and 2005 fundraising results; project is first activity of Fundraising Effectiveness Project, working on fundraising data standards and performance indicators. Take the survey.
* Raising a Reader literacy program of Peninsula Community Foundation, San Mateo, Calif., selected as one of 43 winners of Social Capitalist Awards from Fast Company magazine second year in row.
* Selena Mendy Singleton, former chief of programs, National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education, named director of public affairs at Independent Sector.
* Global Community Service Foundation raised $83,000 of $106,300 fundraising goal for “Adopt-A-Village” projects in Viet Nam, which build housing for landmine victims and street children, purchase HIV/AIDS medications, and other humanitarian projects.
* American Eagle Foundation created endowment to support monitoring and protection of recovering bald eagle population, set to be removed from endangered species list in early 2007.
* CMT One Country, Country Music Television’s social initiative, launched Power of One campaign with focus on motivating one million volunteers across U.S. by end of 2007.
* Detroit Pistons and Tickets-for-Charity announced plans to set aside exclusive allotment of tickets to 2006-2007 home games for charitable sale to benefit Pistons-Palace Foundation and a handful of national charities.
* Heyman Center and School of Continuing and Professional Studies at New York University announced planned discussion about challenges of global philanthropy, with adjunct instructor Gisela Keller as guest speaker, Dec. 5. To register, e-mail email@example.com.
* Rasmuson Foundation and Alaska Department of Health and Social Services produced report outlining ways to simplify grant management processes.