* Robert W. Woodruff Foundation awarded $261.5 million to Emory University for construction of model patient-centered healthcare system, with $12.5 million set aside for establishment of Presidential Fund, and $9 million for renovation of Woodruff Health Sciences Center Administration Building.
* University of Chicago’s Center for Financial Mathematics, founded in August 2006, received $7 million gift from Steve G. Stevanovich, founder of asset management firm.
* Oregon Community Foundation distributed $6.8 million in fall grants to 525 Oregon nonprofits, with $2.5 million directed to nonprofits in Multnomah and Washington counties.
* Carnegie Learning to participate in partnership funded by three-year, $1.5 million grant from National Science Foundation to Southern University, Louisiana; effort will assist integration of advanced technology into teaching and learning of middle school environmental science.
* American Bird Conservancy received $900,000 challenge grant from New York philanthropist Robert Wilson, with three-to-one match requirement.
* New York Life Foundation announced total of $76,000 in grants to four Westchester County nonprofits as part of 2006 commitment to contribute $250,000 to programs aiding children in Westchester County.
* New York Life Insurance Company made $150,000 donation to Million Dollar Round Table Foundation.
* Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts of Massachusetts sponsored holiday art contest to foster arts education among Boston Public High School students, funded by Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation.
* In recognition of $91 million in gifts from the Anschutz Foundation, University of Colorado system announced plans to name University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center’s Aurora campus the Anschutz Medical Campus.
* Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Illinois, received $50,000 Community Program grant from Lance Armstrong Foundation to help implement Living in the Future, cancer survivorship program.