* Moses Cone ~ Wesley Long Community Health Foundation, Raleigh, awarded $50,000 grant to Special Olympics North Carolina to support training and competition opportunities for Guilford County athletes.
* Allstate Foundation made $25,000 contribution to Interact, Wake County nonprofit serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, for “Safe Homes, Safe Neighborhoods” campaign.
* Be Active North Carolina and WFMY News 2, Greensboro, awarded nine grants totaling $32,000 to grassroots physical activity programs in Triad as part of ongoing partnership.
* Piedmont Natural Gas awarded $1,500 grant to High Point Museum to support Pastimes in the Park, series exploring lives of early European settlers in area.
* Safe Kids Wake County made $500 gift to Garner Road Family YMCA to improve children’s water safety and swimming programs.