* NC Prevention Partners’ Independence Campaign received three-year $75,000 gift from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation from 2003 to 2006, helping Prevention Partners transition to fully independent nonprofit organization.
* Triad Health Project received $25,000 human services grant from Joseph M. Bryan Foundation to support in-house counseling program for HIV/AIDS-infected clients.
* Lutheran Family Services in the Carolinas received $35,000 grant from Wheat Ridge Ministries, Itasca, Ill., to provide resources and offer matching grants to congregations and community groups.
* BI-LO grocery chain awarded Thompson Child & Family Focus $2,000 with funds from BI-LO Charity Classic golf tournament.
* Verizon awarded $5,000 grant to support Literacy Through the Arts program in Durham Public Schools.