* SECU Family House at UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill, received $500,000 gift from Mr. and Mrs. William G. Clark of Tarboro, largest gift to capital campaign from individual or family.
* Bank of America associates and retirees from Greater Charlotte region pledged $7.5 million to United Way of Central Carolinas’ 2006 campaign, 110% of goal.
* Arts & Science Council, Charlotte, awarded $70,000 in grants to individual artists, $48,000 in support of cultural activities of independent schools and $20,000 in support of cultural projects in Town of Mint Hill.
* Special Olympics North Carolina received $20,000 grant from CVS/Pharmacy Charitable Trust to support year-round sports training and athletic competitions for participating youth, part of $5 million in grants distributed by Trust nationwide.
* Thompson Child and Family Focus, Charlotte, received $5,000 grant from Target in support of treatment services for abused and neglected children.
* Win-Win Resolution Inc., Triad-based agency, received $34,000 from Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation for initiative to expand Conflict Resolution Enrichment Workshop programs in Forsyth, Randolph and Davidson counties.
* Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro, Black Child Development and Guilford Child Development received total of four Young Explorer Participation Kits from IBM, valued at $2,000 each, designed to facilitate learning among children ages 3 to 5.