* Walt Disney Company donated $2.5 million to support Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation’s PC Pal Program at the Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children’s Health at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, providing 400 laptop computers to pediatric patients ages 5 to 18.
* Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation awarded $25.5 million in grants to nine universities nationwide, part of $200 million initiative to support entrepreneurship education.
* Jewish Women’s Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago announced $150,000 in grants to 17 programs focused on empowering and promoting well-being of women and girls in U.S. and Israel.
* Rose Community Foundation awarded $3 million in third-quarter grants to 54 organizations supporting health of Greater Denver area.
* California Community Foundation, Los Angeles, received $200 million gift from late philanthropist Joan Palevsky; gift is foundation’s largest to date.
* Rover Films executives Christian Schoyen and Christin Tellefsen donated $10,000 in proceeds from film “Living the Dream” to LA Mission.
* Lance Armstrong Foundation awarded $50,000 Community Program grant to Evanston (Illinois) Northwestern Healthcare to implement Living in the Future, program arranging continued care of post-treatment cancer survivors.
* Charles Stewart Mott Foundation pledged $10 million over three years to planned intermodal hub at Bishop International Airport, Flint, Mich., designed to move cargo from one form of transportation to another and expected to create local job opportunities.
* Southern Methodist University, Dallas, received $10 million gift from Honorable Roy M. Huffington, Houston, to establish Huffington Bicentennial Faculty Endowment Fund and Huffington Bicentennial Scholarship Endowment Fund.
* Auctionpay pledged $5,300 to Shriner’s Hospital for Children, Portland, Ore., as part of its holiday giving program; money raised through online auction, administered by Auctionpay software.