* Community Reinvestment Fund USA, Minneapolis, received $5 million social-investment loan from MetLife to enhance community development in economically-underserved areas by funding loans for small businesses, community facilities, affordable housing projects.
* W.K. Kellogg Foundation awarded $5 million to American Humanics for Next Generation Nonprofit Leaders Program, internship-stipend program for racially and ethnically diverse college students in American Humanics programs.
* Grainger, Chicago-based corporation, contributed $31,000 to New York Jets Foundation, which works to improve health, fitness, education of disadvantaged youth.
* United Way of York County, S.C., to receive $136,034 from federal Emergency Food and Shelter National Board program; local board to determine distribution of funds.
* Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University created PNC Professorship in Computational Finance, funded by $1 million from PNC Foundation and $250,000 from PNC executive management.
* Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation received $85,000 grant from Annenberg Foundation for Get Fit, Get Right program, interactive, web-based effort designed to help overweight teens adopt healthier, sustainable behaviors.
* Nothing but Nets, global campaign to provide mosquito nets to prevent malaria in Africa, received $3 million challenge grant from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
* Points of Light Foundation received $250,000 grant and in-kind marketing support from Capital One Financial to help low- and moderate-income families in 10 communities take advantage of earned income tax credit program.