* AT&T Foundation and League of United Latin American Citizens unveiled 32 locations to house new community technology centers in low-income Hispanic communities through League’s Empower Hispanic America with Technology initiative, funded by $1.5 million grant from AT&T Foundation.
* W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Battle Creek, Mich., awarded total of $4.5 million in grants to nine projects nationwide working to encourage health living and eating habits.
* Calvert Foundation, Bethesda, received $1 million grant from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to increase capacity to issue community investment notes, which allow investors to reap financial return while benefiting high social-impact projects.
* Oakland Food and Fitness Community Collaborative, Oakland, Calif., received $495,200 grant from W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
* Elton John AIDS Foundation awarded first round of 2007 grants, totaling more than $2.3 million, to benefit direct care and HIV/AIDS prevention education programs worldwide.