* Million Dollar Round Table Foundation awarded $15,000 grant to Mercy Ships to support program providing free medical care to poor residents of Sierra Leone, West Africa.
* California Community Foundation, Los Angeles, awarded total of $1.5 million to 16 nonprofits working in the areas of arts, human development, health, neighborhood revitalization and education for low-income Los Angeles County residents.
* The Atlantic Philanthropies awarded $2.6 million grant to Alliance for Children and Families, Milwaukee-based association of nonprofit human and social service organizations.
* The Ireland Fund donated $1 million to Paul Newman’s Hole in the Wall Gang charity, supporting Barretstown Gang Gamp, founded by Newman to provide care for children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses and their families in Ireland.
* Sperry Van Ness Legacy Foundation, fund of Orange County (Calif.) Community Foundation, provided $50,000 loan to Partners for the Common Good, nonprofit community development loan fund and financial institution.
* Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria to distribute 500,000 anti-malarial bed nets in Zambia, through partnership with President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief and the President’s Malaria Initiative.