* Robert Wood Johnson Foundation announced addition of $4 million to $19 million Dental Pipeline program, created in 2001 to deliver dental care to underserved children.
* Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan awarded $15 million in grants to organizations working to improve quality of life in region.
* Nationwide Foundation awarded $21.8 million in grants to more than 1,000 nonprofits, including more than 800 local United Way chapters, in communities where Nationwide is based.
* American Cancer Society and the National Palliative Care Research Center awarded $1.5 million in grants to researchers at ten institutions studying ways to reduce suffering of seriously ill patients and their family caregivers.
* UCLA Library received $346,117 grant from National Endowment for the Humanities for project to catalog, digitize and provide online access to Caro Minasian Collection of Near Eastern manuscripts.
* Starlight Starbright foundation received gift funding placement of mobile entertainment units for pediatric patients in five hospitals, from 1st and 10 Foundation, formed by New York Jets starting quarterback Chad Pennington and wife, Robin.
* Children’s Medical Research Institute received $1 million donation from Inasmuch Foundation to endow two research chairs in childhood diabetes and childhood cancer.
* McGregor Foundation distributed $577,000 to programs for seniors and their caregivers in spring 2007 grant cycle.
* Mellon New England Charitable Giving Program awarded $500,000 in new grants to five flagship community partner organizations in Boston area.
* Cadillac and Kellogg for Youth Committee, advisory committee to Michigan’s Cadillac Area Community Foundation board of trustees, awarded eight grants through Mini-Grants for Educators Program.
* HP announced distribution of $7 million in mobile technology, cash and professional development to 172 public schools, colleges and universities in U.S. and Puerto Rico, part of 2007 HP Technology for Teaching grant program.