* Pfizer Foundation announced $7.5 million HIV grant program, designed to create national model through 20 participating AIDS service organizations and to form ConnectHIV program with coordinated effort aimed at keeping people away from risky behaviors.
* U.S. Soccer Foundation and Clough Harbor Sports announced 2007 Planning Grant Recipients, to receive funds to develop soccer field or complex: City of Compton, Los Angeles; Plantation Athletic Club, New Orleans; Total Soccer of Springfield, Springfield, Mo.; and Ultimate Goal Ministries, Nashville, Tenn.
* Ovations, UnitedHealth Group company, announced global partnership to address chronic disease through partnership with National Institutes of Health and Oxford Health Alliance; Ovations to commit up to $15 million in financial and in-kind resources over five years.
* America’s Promise Alliance received $2 million grant from ING Foundation to expand services to 15 million children over next five years.
* Van Cleve Foundation Trust trustees Russ and Kathy Van Cleve donated $4 million for construction of Santa Ana YMCA, 32,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility.
* New Mexico Community Foundation awarded 120 grants totaling $2.5 million to wide range of services in New Mexico.
* W.K. Kellogg Foundation awarded $375,000 grant to YouthNoise, online youth activism network, to conduct youth-led summits in 10 cities across the U.S. over next two years to explore outlets for ground-level activism.
* New York Life Foundation awarded two-year, $580,000 grant to Save the Children to launch literacy program at six schools in poor Gulf Coast communities.
* Herb Alpert, founder of A&M records and The Alpert Foundation for the Arts, presented awards of $75,000 to five “socially responsive” New York artists from different disciplines.
* Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust awarded total of $400,000 in grants to 112 Arizona public elementary schools to purchase back-to-school clothing for neediest students.
* Cyworld USA, social networking platform, announced first recipients of Cyworld Community Grant Challenge, five individuals to receive $2,000 each to implement ideas for improving communities.
* Planet Dog Foundation announced six grantees in spring grant cycle to receive $1,000 to $5,000 each for programs in which dogs serve and support humans.
* FreeFlow, San Jose-based inventory management firm, is funding construction of school in Africa for Maasai children.