* NARSAD: The Mental Health Research Association awarded 23 Distinguished Investigator Grants and 222 Young Investigator Grants totaling $15 million; to be used for brain and behavioral research.
* Lincoln Financial Foundation awarded total of $2,437,561 in 2007 grants to 120 arts and culture groups in the six cities in which Lincoln Financial Group has offices.
* Genessee-Lapeer Chapter of the American Red Cross, Flint, Mich., received $275,477 grant from Charles Stewart Mott Foundation to purchase computer equipment and make building repairs.
* Yale Law School received $2.5 million challenge grant from John S. and James L. Knight Foundation to create Law and Media Scholars Program; scholars to be chosen from Yale J.D. and graduate law students.
* My Stuff Bags Foundation, nonprofit serving abused and neglected children, received grant from George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation to fund bags for 500 children for 2007 My Stuff Bags for Utah children Project.
* University of California, San Diego, received $1 million gift from Audrey S. Geisel to establish Audrey Geisel University Librarianship; first holder to be Brian E. C. Schottlaender, the university’s chief librarian.
* Young Audiences, New York, received $1.5 million from Starr Foundation for its Arts for Learning educational program.
* Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, Lansdowne, Va., awarded college scholarships to 46 high-achieving high school students who have overcome economic hardships; one-third of recipients will attend Ivy League schools.
* Alameda County Community Food Bank, Calif., received $50,000 grant from Annie E. Casey Foundation to build on food stamp outreach by targeting residents in Oakland’s San Antonio neighborhood.