A series of meetings across North Carolina in early June will give small foundations the opportunity to learn more about the potential impact of new federal laws and charitable reforms.
Tim Walter, CEO of the Association of Small Foundations, will speak at sessions in seven cities, providing an overview of recent and upcoming legislation.
The events are co-hosted by the North Carolina Network of Grantmakers and sponsored by Smith Barney’s Consulting Group.
Attendance is free; reserve a spot by sending an email to email@example.com.
The following sessions are scheduled:
* June 4: Wilmington, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Pilot House
* June 5: Raleigh, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Sullivan’s Steakhouse
* June 5: Durham, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Triangle Community Foundation
* June 6: Greensboro, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Weaver Foundation
* June 6: Winston-Salem, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
* June 7: Hickory area, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oak Room at Rock Barn
* June 8: Asheville, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Community Foundation of Western North Carolina