CHARLOTTE: A group of Charlotte women awarded a total of $344,500 to five groups serving the local community.
The Women’s Impact Fund, administered by Foundation for the Carolinas, is a collective-giving fund to which members donate $1,100 each for five years.
Annual donations are pooled and given out in grants to community groups in June of each year.
Since completing its first grant cycle in 2004, the fund has awarded almost $1 million in grants.
Recipients of this year’s donations are:
* YWCA Central Carolinas — $86,000
* Teach for America — $84,000
* Charlotte Community Health Clinic — $75,500
* Advantage Carolina — $50,000
* Collaborative Arts Theatre — $49,000