* Ronald McDonald House Charities awarded total of more than $1.7 million to nine nonprofits serving needs of children around the world.
* National Forest Foundation awarded $712,000 to 2007 recipients of Matching Awards Program, which benefits groups performing on-the-ground conservation work.
* United Spinal Association received grant from Thomas and Agnes Carvel Foundation for Sports and Recreation Department’s Adaptive Sports Clinics for Kids with Disabilities; received $25,000 from Milbank Foundation for Rehabilitation for Peer Mentor Program.
* Fashion designer Peter Belisi of Belisi Fashion donated 500 scarves and Fiore Rosso ties to Boston Fashion Weekend, which benefits American Hearth Association’s Go Red Campaign.
* Computers for Youth donated computers and conducted training for 100 families from Bronx Middle School 219, marking 10,000th family served.
* Specialty Roast Coffee Company provides online coffee sales with average of 20 percent of gross sales donated to charities of purchasers’ choice; average household customer earns $48 for charity annually, average business customer earns $200.
* Nissan North America announced one-year $1 million partnership with Habitat for Humanity, including house sponsorships, donation of 10 Nisan Titan trucks and support of current projects.
* City of Hope Cancer Center received $5 million gift from Argyros Foundation for construction of Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center for Cancer Immunotherapeutics and Tumor Immunology.
* American Welding Society’s Santa Clara Valley Section endowed Lou DeFreitas $60,000 scholarship fund, which enables American Welding Society Foundation to award $3,000 in scholarships to welding students each year.
* University of Texas at Austin received $25 million commitment from AT&T; agreement includes naming of AT&T Executive Education Center and exclusive communications services agreement.