* TechSoup’s NetSquared initiative announced Aspiration’s Social Source Commons as recipient of $10,000 donation by the Make Change! Trust.
* Valley Foundation awarded Parkinson’s Institute $1 million for STOP PD, drug development program for Parkinson’s disease.
* Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation awarded community grant to Rhode Island Foster Parents Association supporting OSSUM, youth-led advocacy group.
* The New York Life Foundation awarded $100,000 grant to American Indian Foundation supporting disadvantaged students in India.
* The Women’s Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation awarded $15,000 to YWCA of Greater Cincinnati and $12, 500 to Supports to Encourage Low-Income Families; fund now accepting grant applications, deadline Aug. 24.
* Goizueta Foundation awarded $2,612,055 grant to YMCA of the USA in support of Hispanic community early childhood outreach at five Georgia YMCA sites.
* Carnegie Corporation, New York, to provide $10 million to New Visions for Public Schools, part of it’s New Century High Schools initiative to better prepare high school students for college.
* UCLA Library received $143,000 grant from Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to fund two-year Training Plus Pilot project at its Center for Primary research.
* Anonymous Oakland, Calif., couple, both retired teachers, to give $3 million of estate to East Bay Community Foundation to create fund for graduating McClymonds Educational Complex students who will continue their education.
* Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, New York City, received $12 million gift from Jerome L. Greene Foundation to support expansion of Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.