Hannah Brazee Gregory is a national leader in her field and has dedicated her career to developing best practices in marketing communications for nonprofit organizations and government agencies operating on limited budgets. She has written articles for national publications and presented many workshops on the art of nonprofit marketing and PR. Her background includes working as a communications specialist for Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, where she was responsible for a number of marketing projects and won more than a dozen awards for her work. Prior to Children’s Mercy, Hannah worked in the public relations department at the University of Kansas and also worked as a newspaper journalist and sports photojournalist. She first worked as a journalist at the age of 16, and has been embedded in the field of journalism and public relations ever since.
Hannah created the concept for Shoestring Creative Group while a student in the top-ranked William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Kansas. There, she received a scholarship based on her plans to create a business that would help provide top-notch marketing, advertising, PR and graphic design services to good causes. Hannah founded Shoestring Creative Group in 1999, based on her belief that government & nonprofit clients should have affordable services and should never rely on leftovers from ad agencies or struggle for attention at the bottom of client rosters. Her first client was the Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership. Since that time, she has devoted her career to serving and developing best practices in marketing communications for nonprofit and state agencies and has become a national advocate for the importance of marketing to all nonprofits’ bottom lines.
While in charge of agency management, Hannah has a hands-on role with Shoestring clients and projects. She serves as chief consultant, creative director and as our head public relations guru. Hannah is currently working on the book “101 Ways to Market your Nonprofit Organization for Free” and travels frequently to attend the many nonprofit events Shoestring Creative Group supports throughout the year, from the Nonprofit Congress gathering in Washington, D.C., to the Community Media Workshop in Chicago.
Hannah grew up in Lawrence, Kansas, but lives in the historic village center of Gardiner, Maine, with her husband and two young sons. She is dedicated to her adopted state and her new hometown, supporting the arts, downtown revitalization initiatives and statewide economic initiatives. She also enjoys the view.
Shoestring Creative Group’s Mission + Vision
- To make high-quality, creative and effective marketing communications services accessible and affordable to nonprofit organizations under a sustainable business model.
- To increase the capacity of nonprofit organizations and further their missions through marketing communications.
- To create good, meaningful jobs for professionals who want to put their expertise and experience to work for good causes.
- To develop best practices in nonprofit marketing communications and provide learning opportunities for nonprofit organizations.
- To raise awareness of the important role nonprofit organizations play in our society and increase public perception/opinion of nonprofit organizations across the country.