* All 250 Daniels Fund Scholars to attend Scholars Heading Into the Future Together transition program at University of Denver; program helps students with financial needs prepare for college.
* Gwendolyn W. Young, current president, Los Angeles-based Young Communications Group, elected chair, California’s American Lung Association; Jim Wilgus, former vice president for American Heart Association affiliate, named president, CEO.
* Nonprofit sector of Aspen Institute accepting applications for paid semester internship under William Randolph Hearst Endowed Fellowship for Minority Students; contact Winnifred Levy, 202.736.5814, deadline July 15th.
* United Negro College Fund announced reorganization of field offices and creation of new region, Northern Field Operations, New York City.
* Sandra Bernstein, former director of development for Family Service Society of Yonkers, appointed director of development for Westchester and Hudson Valley Regions of Lighthouse International.
* State Farm Companies Foundation to continue three-year funding alliance with Youth Service America; expanding YSA programs, participating in Global Youth Service Day.
* Nonprofit Matrix announced new star rating system of services on its web site.
* CIT named lead corporate sponsor of 2007 New York Philharmonic Concerts in the Parks summer series; concertgoers, CIT employees holding food drives benefiting local food banks.
* US Airways launched Brand a Program with US, seeking proposals from nonprofits for branded naming of programs, projects, events; applications must be postmarked by Sept. 15.