* Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation awarded grant to Edmund S. Phelps, Nobel Prize winner, for three-year research study examining U.S., European entrepreneurship, innovation.
* Rush Philanthropic Art Foundation presenting Art for Life Gala, with top fashion designers and yellow wardrobe fashion silent auction, “Not So Mellow Yellow;” proceeds to benefit over 70 Rush Philanthropic New York City art programs for under privileged youth.
* Union for Reform Judaism received $4 million in last three months for growth, improvement of URJ camps:
- $1 million, Hermine and David Heller, Amy and Bob Heller
- $1 million, Diane and Darryl Mallah
- $800,000, Goldring Foundation
- Generous matching grants, Harold Grinspoon Foundation
* U.S. Embassy in Burkina Faso joined with Islamic Relief, international aid organization, to provide over $5 million in medicines.
* Sidell-Kagan Foundation awarded $300,000 grant to City of Hope, for research into underlying genetic factors contributing to Alzheimer’s disease.
* Staples Foundation for Learning renewed partnership with Earth Force, leader in environmental education, through $200,000 grant to provide opportunities for issue awareness, environmental improvement.
* Occidental College received $1.25 million gift from Dave Berkus, alumnus and venture capitalist, to creating endowment for building maintenance.
* Rady School of Management, University Southern California, San Diego, received $5 million gift from Tanya and Charles Brandes through Tanya and Charles Brandes Foundation, establishing couple as founder-level donors to the school.