* Rex Jung, of Mind Research Network, Albuquerque, N.M. received three-year, $600,000 grant from John Templeton Foundation, for study in positive neuroscience.
* Philadelphia Foundation announced new grantmaking strategy to spur improved stability, professionalism, under which 13 community groups received $412,000 in unrestricted grant dollars.
* Case Design has fulfilled six-week school supply, backpack campaign for Payne Elementary, D.C., by filling 250 backpacks with supplies to be presented in late August.
* Boston Foundation awarded $100,000 grant to New York Nonprofit Finance Fund to deliver advisory services to seven Boston-area nonprofits.
* Rose Community Foundation, Denver, announced second quarter 2007 grants totaling $2.3 million to 38 nonprofit organizations.
* Constella Group, global provider of health services, awarded $20,000 to four organizations benefiting orphans living with HIV/AIDS.
* California Community Foundation to invest $10 million in City of El Monte over ten years through grants, loans to nonprofit groups as part of community building initiative.
* Hewlett-Packard awarded nearly $2.5 million to 15 K-12 public schools, 10 colleges, universities, part of 2007 HP Technology for Teaching Leadership Awards.
* Association of Black Cardiologists to receive 200 laptop computers from St. Jude Medical, pre-loaded with educational videos, benefiting to association’s community health education campaign.
* Kellogg Corporate Citizenship Fund gave $275,000 to Action for Healthy Kids for assistance to 12 schools to prevent childhood obesity.
* California Community Foundation to award $428,850 to 18 local nonprofits supporting arts education programs for underserved Los Angeles youth.