* WakeMed Health & Hospitals received $400,613 grant from Duke Endowment to create medical simulation lab; Endowment plans to give additional $115,409 in 2008.
* Cisco Systems, Raleigh, awarded $30,000 to Alice Aycock Poe Center for Health Education for interactive teaching website to be created this month.
* Progress Energy Foundation gave $15,000 grant to Futures for Kids to help bridge gap between student dreams and community needs.
* M*A*C* AIDS Fund awarded Triad Health Project $15,000 grant for Direct Client Services Program, which will further case management efforts.
* Kennedy Covington, Charlotte law firm, pledged $750,000 to Campaign for Cultural Facilities of Arts & Science Council, effort supporting projects in first phase of 25-year Cultural Facilities Master Plan.
* NeighborWorks America awarded $50,000 grant to The Housing Partnership, continuing support of Charlotte-Mecklenburg housing and neighborhoods.