* National Park Foundation, announced partnership with Magellan, which will donate 500 new Triton handheld navigation devices and donate portion of proceeds from sale of product through Dec. 31.
* Fish Ecologist Simon Thorrold, along with colleagues from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, received over $480,000 research grant from David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
* Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation awarded community grant to Building Educated Leaders for Life to paint outdoor mural at K-12 inner-city school in Harlem, New York.
* Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund gave $1.5 million to worldwide conservation efforts by nonprofit groups; awards to 97 programs in 41 countries brings total awarded by DWCF to $11 million.
* Iowa Allen Hospital, Waterloo, Iowa, received $5 million gift from local philanthropist Pauline Barrett for construction of Pauline Barrett Pavilion, which will house Allen Emergency Department and Allen Heart and Vascular Center.
* YMCA of the USA received $3 million grant from PepsiCo Corporate Charitable Contribution Fund to help local YMCAs better address health and well-being needs of African Americans and Hispanics.
* Sephora raised more than $170,000 for The Skin Cancer Foundation through sales of Sun Safety Kit.
* University of St. Thomas received $4.5 million gift from Trini Mendenhall Sosa, former owner of Fiesta Mart, to fund Mendenhall Achievement Center and related programs to aid students.
* University of Chicago received $230,400 grant from Henry Luce Foundation for four one-year Clare Boothe Luce Graduate Fellowships for women entering Ph.D. programs in various sciences.
* Healthcare Georgia Foundation awarded total of more than $1.1 million in grants to 13 groups and programs.